Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Saturday, October 07, 2006

0.0 and Holding...

Damn you, neutrophils! OK - I am getting a little tired of my white blood cells refusing to budge from zero. I know it's supposed to take anywhere between 10-14 days for them to start moving up (and it's only been four), but I pride myself on being an overachiever in this stem cell production thing. I am determined to make these counts move early because I am starting to go a little stir crazy in here. Thank you to everyone who is asking about visits...I should be able to have brief ones by the end of next week (13/14th ish).

This morning was also a rare treat...I awoke to Dr. Evil towering above my bedside. Yes - thee Dr. Evil of the miscommunication/misunderstanding/oops, you only have a 50/50 chance of surviving debacle. I guess she is the doctor "on call" this weekend, so I fained some sort of chemotherapy coma and pretended not to recognize her from "before." Anyway, when my mom and Brian came in this morning, they saw her scratch her rear end when she thought noone was looking.

Pahahal...never underestimate the power of a pink ribbon sneering, yellow bracelet balking, young woman.

RJO...That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. I only wish Ian were so obedient! Thank you so mcuh for all the compliments and well wishes. Enjoy your long weekend (I hope you don't have to work ANY of it). And, yes, I will be enjoying all the trimmings here tomorrow night on a special plate brought from home!

JR...Would love to see you next week. Gobble, gobble.

TF...Yer dead meat.