Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Down But Not Out

Whew...I took another extended break there, and while tomorrow marks the end of week two of my release from the hospital, this past week has been really up and down. I received the world's most "costly" injection on Thursday which threw me into more fits of nausea (the drug, not the price...well, that too).

Ian came back from the drug store saying, "It was only $24..." Then we realized he must mean $240. Then, we realized it was actually $2400. A slight oversight. All that for an injection that took 10 seconds to administer and made me barf for the next 24 hours.

Last night, feeling better, we had our first visit in two weeks with people other than doctors or parents (not that we don't appreciate each and every one of those visits). Gavin, Emily and Elias dropped by with a delicious veggie lasagna (which we ate this evening) and some yummy strawberry shortcake. Thank you so much! At this rate we're going to be as fat as Bob & Margaret. This afternoon I felt more "normal" than I have in days, so we went for a lovely fall walk and got lattes. From Starbucks. I know. I know. But it's mean to make the chick with cancer feel guilty.