Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rock and Roll, Baby

So, my nurse came in this morning and said my neutrophils were back to 1. I was ready to jump off the building when we realized she meant 1, as in 1.0! My counts have been steadily climbing all week (those little leg kicks seem to be working...thanks for the extra help, Jenny!) and I was at 0.4 yesterday. Needless to say, I am pretty happy about this big increase and there is even talk of me going home ASAP!

I am also feeling pretty special because Midlyn (my work) is participating in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walk in Stanley Park tonight. They asked to do it in my name and, well, that's about the nicest thing you could expect from your colleagues (not exactly something my previous employer would have done).

Anyway, it is a walk around the seawall with little lantern balloons and I have other friends who are participating too. I am demanding that my mom and Brian go and take some video so I can get an idea of what it was like. Yes, I am still bossy, even from the "inside."

ZH...I got postcard #1! The Blue Mosque...I've been there! And it is so neat to recall all the places you are talking about. Sounds like you are making great use of your time. I will get some pomegranate juice ASAP.

SG...Oh my gosh, you are so close! I love both of those names - she's going to be SO cute!! I'm wishing you a speedy and uneventful labour. Oh, and I'm hoping they were able to tell you about the flowers before you paid for them! It's a pretty lame unit...no flowers or plants of any kind and lots of handwashing.

LA...Congratulations, darlin'!! Your pictures were beautiful. Any idea of a date??

L & FH...Thanks for your message; it looks like you may be visiting me at home instead of here! Thanks for picking up the "Chocolate Lab-proof" toy...who knew they were so violent?? I'm glad to hear Marcus is feeling better. Can't wait to see some new pictures of them being "agile."

JR...Is your internet still down? Damn Shaw! Demand a rebate, they'll usually give you one. And, yes, suuuurrrrre it's the outfit...if I were wearing a snowsuit!!

JL...Can't wait! But, like I said, I'm not always this hot.

KD...Hey, mama. That's one weird girl you've got there. Not so sure about the husband either! :)