Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A View from the Inside

Thought I would give ya'll a peek at the place I was trying to escape from these past three weeks. OK - it wasn't all bad. Just mostly...

One perk...the beautiful view from my room (with NE building apparently on fire...)



Brian got me the egg as he said it reminded him of me. Thanks a lot. The poodle is semi-catatonic.



My motley collection of maniacal stuffies enjoying the view.



Yeah, I'm really happy to be here...



But, apparently, Ian really is. This is the lounger that folded out into a "bed" that Ian slept on. It was vinyl and made obscene noises. Or was that Ian?



The other view from my bed...my magical, green healing slippers!



"Joel the Pole"...try dragging this thing around for three weeks.



One of my card bulletin boards (sorry P & L, yours went on "another" one...further away from the bed).



Ahh, yes, my friend...the barf tray.



Paging Dr. Powell...would you trust this man? Nice product placement for the band though.



These are my coworkers last Saturday night at the Light the Night walk in Stanley Park. They raised almost $2500!



My "counts"...white blood cells on top, hemoglobin in the middle and platelets on the bottom. Yaaaay, neutrophils! Kick. Damn. I think I've pulled a muscle.



Going home...as you can see, I was pretty happy to be out those doors, though this was before Ian ran into that pole with the wheelchair/shopping cart.