Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Island Girl

OK, it's only Bowen Island that I'm going to, which is exceptionally beautiful, but only a 19 minute ferry ride from the North Shore. I'm off on another Callanish retreat this week with the young adult group (I'm really riding that cusp...), for five days of delicious food, art, writing, yoga and relaxation. Just what I could use right about now.

It's been a stressful week as my dad has been in the hospital (he's hoping to go home tomorrow) and I had also been trying to get down to Seattle for a PET scan. In the end, we decided to wait instead for my scheduled scan here on December 22nd, reason being that even if the scan showed that there was significant disease activity, I'd have to wait until my counts were high enough to try something else.

As I am beginning week five of an eight week cycle with the Lomustine, the timing of the next scan and my next possible dose are very close, so it made sense to wait. Also, the suspect lymph node seems to have settled down as I have eased off on the yoga. Still, it was a tough call. However, lucky me, this means I'll get my next scan results on the 24th which is my birthday. It better be the present I'm asking for or I'm exchanging it for High School Musical 3.