Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Eighth Deadly Sin...


Why write about cheezies you ask? Because they are ruining my life, that's why.

OK, not really. Yet, despite all I know about healthy eating and the "cancer-fighting diet," despite juicing, growing my own wheatgrass, and tolerating inhuman amounts of tumour-shrinking tumeric, I still succumb to binges of this little orange snack crack.

Even the mere suggestion, let alone catching a glimpse of the ol' Hawkin's bag will send me jonesing like a junkie. Why this particular food, I'm not sure, and I sense addiction to this cornmeal crap could become pandemic.

You might think you don't like cheezies, but then someone, somewhere, will open a bag and offer you one. Later you'll find yourself desperate for a fix, orange-fingered and swearing like a trucker at the defenseless carrots in your refrigerator.

Or maybe that's just me.