Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Round and Round


Well, that was interesting.

Tonight I spent the evening drawing circles.

Circles, you ask?

Yes, circles, the round kind.

My mom and I went to a workshop called "A Circle for Difficult Times" led by a Zen artist and teacher visiting Vancouver. While I appreciated the meditative quality of spending several hours drawing circles, the idea of taking fastidious notes on "circle making" (which some were inclined to do) kept giving me the giggles.

The tranquility of the evening did, however, seem an appropriate ending to a day that began with a lymphatic massage, followed by a sound meditation and healing-touch session (during which I drooled on the pillow), followed by a nap (during which I drooled on the pillow again).

Clearly, I am not getting enough rest.