Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Smooth Sailing

So I had my treatment yesterday without incident.

My nurse was efficient, if somewhat boring. No hijnks or reprimands. We did, however, spot Nurse Ratched. She was bawling out an orderly telling him he "SHOULD HAVE" done something this way rather than that way. That woman needs to be straight-jacketed. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get her again, which I'm sure is inevitable. Maybe I'll tell her she...SHOULD CALM THE F*CK DOWN.

In other news, we're off to the Okanagan on Sunday to spend some time on Idabel Lake. As I pack, I realize I'm getting increasingly weird.

Anything to declare m'am?

Um, just some cauliflower sauteed in tumeric for its tumour-fighting qualities, a dozen "energy" muffins made with spelt flour (because gluten makes me feel bloated), ten stewed prunes to accompany my probiotic yogurt, oh, and one wine glass because I don't like drinking out of plastic ones.


Yep, total nutter.