Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Almost

I had my doctor's visit today and my hemoglobin was all Gretzky - in other words 99, baby!

I'll crack a hundred yet, damn it.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a few more road trip pictures. This first series is of the usual point-and-click variety.

If I lived there, I'd probably find the following extremely tacky and complain to my municipality about them but, because I was just visiting, I found these ten-foot beer cans hanging out in various farmers' fields novel. So much so, that I had to get my picture taken with one (and because Grasshopper is one of Alberta's best exports, in my opinion).


At Roxann and Jeremy's in Okotoks. I wanted to post the picture I took of Roxann giving me a Wi Fit demonstration whilst drinking cocktails, but she threatened to hurt me.


I met up with my friend Lynette from uni for a wonderful lunch in Nanton. We were having wind issues while taking this picture. Can you tell?


And now a few obligatory scenery pics...those Rocky Mountains never cease to impress (me anyway).







Next time I'll post my "artistic licence" pictures shot on our digital SLR. I have rediscovered my love of photography which I studied a bit in university, but let go of over these past few years (hence the cheezy old Nickelback song - which I like, thank you very much. They are from Alberta so it seemed only appropriate).