Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The View From Here

Without retouching...



Lately, what comes more into focus is the importance of defining the values that are important to me and the goals I have for this lifetime, however long.

When it comes down to it, they are not lofty or complex. In addition, of course, to meaningful and loving relationships with my family and friends, it really boils down to the following:

I want to be kind;

I want to encourage and support the creative process in myself and others;

I want to help animals in need.

Of course, I want to laugh, travel, end starvation, complain bitterly about the upcoming Olympics, walk my dog and kiss my husband. I want to do yoga, be sarcastic, eat good food, cure cancer, go on road trips and bring about world peace.

However, I decided to make the list a little more manageable to increase the likelihood of getting everything done. Lists make me anxious. I actually make lists of things I've already accomplished just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing those things off. Yep, total nutter, I know.

Hmm...

To do:

See therapist.

Soon.