Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, March 08, 2010

Rock n' Roll, Baby

In the words of my good friend, Valerie (hi Val!), I definitely have my "mojo" back.

As a result, I've been going like gangbusters before my second cycle of Bendamustine this coming Thursday and Friday. I think I may have actually accomplished more in the past two weeks than in the last two months.

I really hope that this next recuperation period is a little shorter and my energy resumes again so I can continue having fun. It's been such a wonderfully creative couple of weeks.

In addition to the Callanish writing group last Tuesday (and this coming one), Ian and I also had a chance to get out and shoot some photos with our talented friends, Ryan and Nicol. We've started what we are referring to as our "Dorky Camera Club," or the DCC for short.

Here are just a few of the many photos we had fun shooting last Saturday...

By Ryan...it appears there is a light at the end of the tunnel


Olympic carnage aptly captured


By Nic...(some "dorks" shooting away)


Ah, more Olympic irony...love it


By Ian...(did I mention we are dorks with some really sweet cameras?)


Wires crossed...


By me...a self portrait


Puddle (how rare in Vancouver...)


Always...


Dork (me) shooting dork (Nic) shooting me...


Yesterday, I also had the pleasure of celebrating the birthday of one of my dear Callanish friends, also named Ian.

We really wanted to do something special for him, so we decided to rewrite the lyrics to a song by the very cheezy 80's glam band, Poison.

Yes, Poison.

Remember "Every Rose Has Its Thorn?" So do we. In fact, it has become somewhat of a tradition amongst the Young Adult group at Callanish.

Thus, with great help from my talented and beautiful singer/songwriter friend, Lydia, we were able to write and perform an alternate set of lyrics, "Celebrating the Day Ian Was Born" (and celebrate we did).

So, for you my friend, on your birthday and always...

"You're one in a million, the star of this sooooong, we're so glad to have you back where you belong (yeah we are)..."