Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Awake My Soul



This video makes me laugh and also indicates my state of mind as we are now knee-deep into home renovations.

What a bizarre and splendid ride this is - chemo one day, drywalling and painting the next, a gong meditation (with seven gongs!) yesterday and an incredible show at the 560 Club last night with Mumford & Sons. I've been obsessing over them since last year and they didn't disappoint.

They are such incredible musicians and beautiful song writers. We bounced along to the beat of the kick drum with about 600 others lucky enough to score tickets to the sold-out show.

One weird thing we noticed, though I'm not quite sure why, was the oddly disproportionate amount of tall people at the gig. Now I am quite tall myself, but I actually felt like a weeble amongst trees. I'm not sure what that was about, but it made the evening just that much more interesting.

Then it was back to renos this morning. I really must remember to reload my iPod as I like to have it cranked while we're working. However, my audio book of Irish poet and philosopher John O'Donohue has mixed itself in with the songs so, one minute, I'll be jammin' with Ben or Bob, the next, John comes on with his wistful Gaelic accent waxing poetic about the dimensions of the soul.

I told you, it's a bit of a trip around here lately. C'mon over!