Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Monday, June 14, 2010

Movers and Shakers

Just stopping in to say hi, I'm alive (though still very much covered in paint).

The renos are coming along and we actually spent our first night upstairs yesterday. It's a bit of an awkward set-up as all of our clothes and towels are still in the downstairs suite, and because we covered over the interior stairs to put in our flooring, we have to use the outside ones temporarily to go down to shower and get ready.

Still, we could have worse problems. Oh, wait, I guess we do. Regardless, it is wonderful to be sinking our teeth into a major project other than cancer. I feel remarkably well and am convinced that the Bendamustine is continuing to work. I have my next CT scan this Thursday, so we shall see.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to changing out of my grubby work clothes to get all dolled up for a Callanish fundraiser this Wednesday. If you are a lover of classical music, then this is the hottest summer ticket in town.

I have been remiss in inviting all of my favorite family and friends, so if you are reading this and would like to come, there are still a few tickets left. I'll be speaking briefly (oh dear), and if you'd like to support the incredible work of the Callanish Society while enjoying beautiful music, fine wine and gourmet cheese at the UBC Museum of Anthropolgy, check out the flyer below for ticket information.

Now back inside to unpack all our boxes. I am seriously considering radical minimalism.