Chronicle of a Stem Cell Transplant (and on through to the other side)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just a Quick Post to Say

...I am still not feeling great, but "they" say I am making improvements, so I guess I will go with that.  I am still in bed a lot of the time, have lost a lot of weight, and am having to regain my muscles/strength to walk without worrying everyone.

Since I last wrote, I've started a new chemo, Revlamid/Lenolinomide, which is just one pill taken orally for 21 days, then 7 off. I've just finished the 21 days and haven't had any major side effects, but because it is only one capsule daily, it will take a few weeks to see if it is having any effect or if it is going to give me any trouble.

My skin is still uncomfortable due, now, to excessive dryness, so it burns when I stretch.  What I wouldn't give to be comfortable in my own skin again.  I've had more than a few cries these past few weeks. I just want to be a able to do at least some of the things I used to take for granted, like take Finn for a walk.